Saturday, January 27, 2024

Spring at Kelleher Pond (Painting as of January 26, 2024)



This is my painting as of January 26th.  I continued working in acrylics, but my plan was to folllow with oil bar.  This would be my first attempt at combining the two, and this was the perfect time to try, because I wanted to have this painting complete and DRY in time to submit it to an art show in early February.  Beginning with acrylics would certainly speed things up, especially drying time, because I could use less oil bar.  chose colors based on my reference photo, and it was easy to find good matches because acrylic paint offers some very bright colors, like the sky blue and hot pink seen here.  I liked the contrast of the purple and yellow to create light and shadow on the path, but I was already planning to tone those colors down a bit with the oil bar.  To be continued. . .

No comments: