Sunday, January 28, 2024

Spring at Kelleher Pond (Painting as of January 27, 2024)



Here is my painting as it looked on January 27th.  That day the main thing I had worked on with this image was modifying some of the shapes of the shadows on the path.  I also repainted the sky. The rest of my time was spent on some tasks that I would usually due after a painting is finished. But because I was working with a close deadline in mind, I reversed the order of some tasks.  I installed wire on the back of the painting, and then started sealing the edges with brown acrylic paint.  I did this first while I was still working with just acrylic.  I am going to add oil bar, which dries more slowly, and I don't want to have to wait for it to dry to before I can seal the edges and add wire.  These tasks are not "artistic", but are certainly part of making art, and part of the calculation in figuring out how to make a deadline. To be continued. . . .

No comments: