Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Cups and Saucers (Alice in Wonderland project), Color sketch as of Sept. 18, 2024



I continued with this sketch yesterday.  This is for a painting I plan to do for an "Alice in Wonderland" themed show at Porter Mill.  I decided to apply color to my pencil sketch, just to see how things would look.  (I decided to use nine colors.  In each square, there are five areas to color, so I just numbered each area to create a kind of changing but random color scheme.  The numbers and colors at the bottom of this photo show my color scheme.  The numbers aren't going to be in the final painting.)  I used standard Sharpies as well as some of the new Sharpie creative markers to apply color.  These are not the actual colors I plan to use.  I love Sharpies, but the colors you can use are limited.  I had to stop for the day before I finished, so you can still see the numbers in place on each area.  To be continued. . .

No comments: