Friday, May 20, 2005

House as of May 20


House as of May 20
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

This morning, I had a chance to work on this painting for my friends, so I am posting an update, even though (especially because) there will be changes. As an artist, I love to watch art in process. I used to feel self-conscious when people watched me paint, but I guess I am over that, since I am posting this. Today I blocked in some trees and added some detail to the windows, using photos that my friends have emailed. We have been exchanging pictures and ideas about landscaping too: elm trees, spirea and roses. With vines or without? I suggested that we try some vines, and if they don't like them, I will paint them out. These vines will be easy to get rid of, unlike the vines in real life. Some things are easier in art.

No comments: