Thursday, June 23, 2005

Colorado Mountain Peak


Colorado Mountain Peak
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

Every so often, I get to thinking about home, and then its time to post another painting inspired by the Colorado mountains. I started this series of mountain paintings after I left Colorado. My memories of the mountains serve as general inspiration rather than specific reference. This is acrylic paint used as watermedia on watercolor paper. Acrylic dries fast, so you can get some interesting effects when you wash it off with a sponge, spray bottle, or even a garden hose (which I have been known to do.) I am never sure exactly what will happen, but I like the effects and the surprises. The vertical format draws the eye upward, which is also what happens when you are in the mountains.

No comments: