Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Vines on Brick


Vines on Brick
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

We went to Starbucks this morning so Mel could re-acclimate (there is a Starbucks in Belfast). While we were there, I used my handheld computer to sketch vines on brick. I will soon be painting vines against the brick of the house in the painting I am working on for my friends. Although my friends have sent me some black and white photos of the vines, I didn't have them with me, so I just worked from what I remembered. I was trying to see how different colors in the leaves might look against brick. Later on, I loaded the image into my computer at home, opened it in Painter IX, and cleaned it up a little bit. Having a painting program in my handheld computer helps me make art every day. Today, I used it to make coffee time into time to make art.

No comments: