Sunday, July 31, 2005

After the Ride


After the Ride
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

Here's another photo from our trip to Brazil, taken at the fazenda on July 31, 1994. Rene took us on a surprise morning ride while Sandra got things ready for the big Brazilian barbecue that was happening later on. I can't look at this picture without smiling. Rene loves to tease. and we certainly gave him plenty of opportunity, what with the twenty five years since our last ride, the language barrier (with people AND horses), and my inability to tell left from right in any language. The ride was hilarious, beginning to end. When we finally got back to the house, I confessed to Rene that I wasn't sure I remembered how to dismount. My friend said, "You will, Madame," tied the horses to the fence, and went inside, leaving me stranded in the saddle, laughing too hard to breathe.

No comments: