Monday, December 26, 2005

Edinburgh Fantasy for Boxing Day


Edinburgh Fantasy for Boxing Day
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

Tonight I cropped this image out of a photo I took in Edinburgh two years ago on December 26, which is Boxing Day. I had never been aware of Boxing Day before, but I certainly became aware of it during our trip because our plan to travel to Belfast was delayed because the ferry doesn't run on Boxing Day. So we decided to explore Edinburgh. Our delay turned to be a wonderful unplanned detour. This image of Edinburgh has been digitally modified (tinted and adjusted in Painter IX to add color and clarity), which is why I call it a fantasy. But any picture of Edinburgh on Boxing Day would seem like a fantasy, with quaint little houses, castles, spires, and sparkling lights on the hillside.

No comments: