Saturday, January 07, 2006

Fantasy in Trafalgar Square, London


Fantasy in Trafalgar Square, London
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

We saw Woody Allen's "Match Point" today, with its great images of London. (Some scenes even take place in the Gherkin, which I invite you to see in my blog entry of March 14, 2005, "Considering the Gherkin"). Here is another view of London that shows both old and new, from Trafalgar Square to the London Eye. I call this a fantasy because it has been digital modified, and I have taken liberties with the color. This image began with a photo that I took during my short visit to London two years ago. Tonight I cropped the image, and then opened it in Painter IX, where I added some gentle digital watercolor, to create just enough color contrast to make the patterns visible, and to make it possible to see the London Eye (and the construction crane)in the background.

No comments: