Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Bouquet for February 14


Bouquet for February 14
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

This is a piece of digital art that I started last year, working from my imagination. Today I came across it and decided to finish it, so I opened it in Painter IX. I had thought that I had started this with digital oil pastel, but when I started working today, I realized that it must have been digital crayon, because the color was going on differently. But I liked the effect of the oil pastel, so I kept going. I needed to add more flowers, and I remembered those primroses I photographed in the grocery store (and posted earlier this week). So I added the pink flowers with chartreuse centers. I also added some red daisies and tiny yellow flowers. It didn't take very long to finish, maybe twenty minutes, but I really enjoyed it.

No comments: