Saturday, February 25, 2006

Ocean Walkway in Lynn, Massachusetts


Ocean Walkway in Lynn, Massachusetts
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

Right now, it is snowing in the Boston area, but that isn't the way the day began! Very early this morning, I dropped Mel off at Logan for his continuing world tour. Then I took the scenic drive home, which means Route 1A. It takes just a few minutes longer, but you travel very near the coast, with lots of great ocean views. Often I like to go a little further out of my way to see the ocean, especially in the morning, so today, instead of driving directly home by a more inland route, I continued along the ocean-side through Lynn, where I stopped to take this picture with my phonecam, and on through Swampscott and Marblehead. It was cold, but sunny and very beautiful, and quite a lovely drive. Later, this afternoon while it was snowing like mad, I opened this image in the computer and cropped it to center attention on the long line of the walkway.

No comments: