Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Daffodils in the Kitchen


Daffodils in the Kitchen
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

Today I ran out to the store to buy milk, just as it started to snow, undeniably and unexpectedly. But the grocery store was having a sale on daffodils, $1.88 per bunch! (Tell me, what is the value of a daffodil, and how much is too much to pay?) So I bought some and went home and did a photo shoot right in my kitchen, with my phonecam. Of the photos I took, this picture had the best composition and color, but there were some distracting shapes in the background, just around the edges. So I opened the image in Painter IX and cleaned up the background with some digital pastel just a bit. By now we have snow on the ground, with cold wind blowing outside. But spring is inevitable, and I have the daffodils to prove it.

No comments: