Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Blossoming Tree in the Morning


Blossoming Tree in the Morning
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

Due to an unfortunate mishap, my old cellphone is no more. (I shall remain silent about the details except to say that the mishap was hilarious and that it involved water.)So now I have a new cell phone with a new camera, which I tried out on my walk this morning. I love the way the morning light looks on flowering trees, so I took this picture. I also wanted to get a sense of what this new camera would do, and I learned that this camera has a much sharper resolution (see the details in the background). Even though I did like the soft effects of the lower resolution in my old phonecam, it will be nice to be able to get this much detail, especially considering that I reduced the size of the image for posting. In art, each tool is different, and that goes for cameraphones, too. The trick is to learn to use each tool, and figure out what it does best.

No comments: