Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Another Sunset


Another Sunset
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

I was looking for an image of a sunset today and came across a picture that I took last summer as we were driving home from a wedding in Maine. I took the photo from the passenger seat of a moving car. The phonecam I had last summer was lower resolution than my new one, but sometimes it produced interesting effects. The photo is full of technical problems such as glare, blur, and reflections, but when I looked at it again tonight, I decided that I like it anyway. So I cropped the image for the sake of composition, then opened it in PainterIX and toned down one distracting reflection with some opaque chalk. In art (and in life), it pays to see past the problems and focus on the possibilities..

No comments: