Monday, July 24, 2006

Digitally Modified Crabapples


Digitally Modified Crabapples
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

Some of the crabapple trees are starting to produce fruit. I was excited to see this tree, with its yellow and pink baby apples, so I took a quick picture with my phonecam. When I saw the image on the computer screen, I realized that I was in such a hurry to take the picture that I didn't notice that the crabapples had been pecked at by birds and the leaves had been chewed on by insects. So I opened the image in Painter IX and used digital pastel to cover the flaws that were distracting. I guess you could say that this image is not true to the original photograph that I took, but it is true to the way the crabapples looked to me when I grabbed my camera to take the photo.

No comments: