Friday, July 28, 2006

Driving in the Rain (Accidental Art)


Driving in the Rain (Accidental Art)
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

We have been having problems with internet connection for two days. So tonight, after a really strong thunderstorm, Mel and I headed over to the computer store. Although the thunder and lightening had stopped, it was still raining hard. But the sun was going down, and as we approached Danvers, the sky was beautiful. I wanted to take a picture with my phonecam. The car was bouncing along, the windshield wipers were going, and I forgot to turn off my flash. Just one obstacle after another, which is the way the day seemed to be going. But when I loaded the pictures into the computer, I liked some of the effects in the photography. This image was a happy surprise. In college, I learned about Raku pottery with its emphasis on using accidental effects. ( I guess I would consider this Raku photography.) I decided not to change anything about the photo, except that I cropped it just a bit to move the bright yellow and orange area out of the exact center of the image.

No comments: