Friday, November 10, 2006

Bright Paper Leaves (Collage as of November 10)


Bright Paper Leaves (Collage as of November 10)
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

This collage is a work in progress. I started it this morning at Red Brick, but I have been thinking about this since last week, when my daughter gave me some great paper, red on one side and orange on the other. The minute I saw the paper, I decided to make a collage based the red leaves on the blueberry bush by the deck. Today I created the basic composition using grocery sack paper and brown art paper for the stems, pasted on watercolor paper. It took the better part of the hour that I had just to get that much done, but I couldn't resist putting a few leaves in place to see how they would look. I had a lot of fun with this and am eager to go back and work on this some more. . .

No comments: