Wednesday, November 08, 2006

More Front Range Coasters (In Progress)


More Front Range Coasters (In Progress)
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

This afternoon, Red Brick had another coaster painting session, the last one before the upcoming fundraiser in January. We are painting small tiles which can be used as coasters or hung on the wall. I decided to paint a design very similar to my last set (posted a few days ago). I wanted to see if I could create a medium blue for the mountains this time. (When my last set was fired, the mountains came out midnight blue which looks fine, but still I wanted to try for the color I had originally wanted the mountains to be. You don't learn unless you try.) The instructions are to apply three layers of glaze, so this time I decided to sandwich a layer of dark blue between two layers of light blue. It is hard to predict what will happen once the glazes are fired, but here is what my little tiles looked like today

No comments: