Thursday, November 02, 2006

Transformation Landscape (Number 6)


Transformation Landscape (Number 6)
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

Sometimes the practical demands of life make it hard to take time out to make art. It has been a busy week, but for me, everything else goes much better if I take a little time to draw or paint. Yesterday I went to Red Brick even though I could only stay a short time. I decided to work on one of my small drawings in pencil and conte crayon. I call them transformation drawings because I cut up an old painting I started for a painting class into nine small landscapes. This project was a good choice because there is no cleanup or prep for conte crayon, and no drying time. And because the drawings are small, I was able do something quickly. I had fun, fell right into the drawing, and felt great afterwards. The rest of the day went much better! Here is my drawing.

No comments: