Thursday, January 11, 2007

Fall Trees in Sunlight (Posterized Photo)


Fall Trees in Sunlight (Posterized Photo) Originally uploaded by randubnick

This image began as photo that I took a few years ago with my old phonecam. I loved that little camera as much for its limitations as for what it could do. It took great closeups of flowers and leaves, for example, but pictures of landscapes often lacked detail. But sometimes the softer focus has its own charm. Tonight I took the original image that I had taken with my phonecam and opened it in Painter IX to see what I could do with it. I liked the composition and the light, but the focus was not sharp enough. I decided to try posterizing it. I had to adjust the levels several times to find the one I liked the best. This is the version I decided to use. It captures the feeling of the light, but the shapes are simplified and are more abstract.

1 comment:

Erin Mitchell said...

I love this one. I am glad you chose it. I was immediately attracted; finding myself kind of zoning out as I gazed at the way the light is coming through. ( It reminds me of the random road trips Eric and I would take to explore New England...)