Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Snow and Evergreen

Snow and Evergreen Originally uploaded by randubnick

Here it is the third week of January, and we have had very little snow here north of Boston. But this morning there was just enough snow on the ground to shovel (only the second time this season so far). I like shoveling snow for the exercise (not bad with an iPod to keep me company) and also for the chance to take pictures while the snow is still fresh and undisturbed. This morning I noticed the snow on the shrubbery. I liked the contrast of the pattern of the evergreen needles and the soft, cottony snow, so I took a couple of pictures with my phonecam. Tonight I cropped the photos to improve the composition. I think this is the best of them.

1 comment:

Minka said...

Hi Randi,
I love how the evergreens embrace the snow. I have a wonderful video about twin polar bears at the Denver Zoo...and they love to roll in the snowy evergreens -- the short groundcover tyep. Love, Mindy