Thursday, January 18, 2007

Tranformational Drawings on Studio Wall


Transformational Drawings on Studio Wall Originally uploaded by randubnick

I took this picture today, just before I took these drawings down and packed them up for my art show in New Hampshire. In late November, I had hung them up for Open Studios at Red Brick. I made these drawings from an old abandoned figure painting I had started with acrylic paint; this fall I cut the painting up into nine pieces, and drew into each piece with conte crayon, making nine small landscapes. The position of each drawing on the wall corresponds to the position of the piece of paper in the original painting. When I hang these drawings in New Hampshire, I think I will hang them in one horizontal line. But in case I change my mind, I can use this photo for reference.

No comments: