Wednesday, February 28, 2007

San Diego Palm Trees Day 2

San Diego Palm Trees Day 2

This is the sketch I started in San Diego last week on my handheld computer, using Pocket Artist. I have been very busy since I got back from my trip, just running to catch up! But tonight I took a break to work on this sketch. I opened it in Painter IX to start cleaning it up with digital chalk. I want to correct some of the problems but keep the spontaneity of the original. I am using Painter IX to finish this because in the handheld paint program, the image is small, and the stylus doesn't work well close to the edges of the image. In Painter IX I can enlarge the image, so even though I am using a mouse instead of a stylus, it is still easier to manage. But in both situations, diagonal lines are extremely hard to draw, so tonight I was asking myself WHY I chose to sketch something with nothing but diagonal lines! But the palm trees are so beautiful in San Diego! This is still a work in progress. To be continued. . . .

2 comments:

Joe Chiappetta said...

Very nice work. I also draw on a mobile device... Pocket PC phone

cheryl meehan said...

Randi,
I am an elementary school art teacher and I found your painting on palm tree images. I'm going to use it to teach my kids how to draw palm trees and use different shades of green. Thanks. If you don't want me to use it, let me know.