Saturday, April 28, 2007

Pond Through the Trees

Pond Through the Trees (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

I took this photo this morning during an early walk at the Cummings Center. Although I have often driven past this path, I had never actually walked there. It was a nice walk, with views of the water through the trees. It is surprisingly easy to forget that you are walking in the middle of what is now an office park. Along the path, historical markers point out that you are walking along a riverbank that was important in the early days of Beverly and Salem. The misty morning weather was perfect for this little adventure. I loved the reflections of the trees on the water, so I took some pictures with my phonecam. Tonight I cropped this image to get the composition I wanted. I also opened it in Painter IX and used just a touch of digital pastel to cover a distracting bit of hot pink (someone's jacket off in the distance, perhaps?) Then I adjusted the contrast just a bit to emphasize the soft mist and morning light.

No comments: