Monday, June 04, 2007

Rainy Train Trip to New York (Posterized Photo)

Rainy Train Trip to New York (Posterized Photo) Originally uploaded by randubnick

It was pouring this morning when Mel left to catch the train to New York. (It is still pouring.) I imagine this is what the view through the window of the train was like. I love trains, even in the rain, but I do like to look out the windows. This image started with a picture I found tonight, a photo I took with my old phonecam on my own train trip to New York last year, also on a rainy day. I came across it when I was looking for a New York City picture to post. I liked the original photo (taken with my late, great phonecam that took soft, out-of-focus pictures), but I decided to try posterizing it to give the image more punch. Then I adjusted the value to make the image easier to see. The result is a little odd, but here it is. I like it because it kind of re-creates the effort to see what is whizzing past, through the foggy windows and the rain.

No comments: