Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Vase of Purple and White Freesia (Oil Bar Painting Day 15)

Vase of Purple and White Freesia (Oil Bar Painting Day 15)

I got up early this morning and went to Red Brick to work on this painting for a while. I made a change in the drapery of the tablecloth, then added more dark tones to the brick. After that, I turned the painting on its head for a while to try to correct an issue with the elipsis at the bottom of the vase. Then I turned it around again and added some highlights to flowers and petals, indicating where the light was hitting them. I also worked on the vase, adding some shapes for the foliage inside the vase, and putting some white and lilac tones in the glass. At that point, it was time to pack up and leave for today. To be continued. . . .

No comments: