Monday, July 16, 2007

Newburyport Street Lamp (Digitally Modified Photo)

Newburyport Street Lamp (Digitally modified photo) Originally uploaded by randubnick

My friend Pam was visiting today, and we drove up to Newburyport for art galleries and lunch. I love the flowerbaskets on the old style street lamps in Newburyport, so I took a picture with my phonecam. I liked the composition of this photo, but in the original version, there were some scraggly tree branches in the background that were too distracting. Tonight I decided to open the image in Painter IX and used digital airbrush to do a little pruning. (While I was at it, I decided to clean up the glass in the street lamp.) This photo may have needed a little help, but it would be hard to improve on our visit to Newburyport. We had a great time!

No comments: