Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Ribbon Roses Collage, Back (Sept. 18)

Ribbon Roses Collage, Back (Sept. 18) Originally uploaded by randubnick

This morning I went to Red Brick to work on finishing up this collaged design on the back of a styrofoam tray. I already finished the other side, a collage of three roses in a vase. I am using ribbons printed with a variety of patterns. Today I worked on the red areas, coming almost to the edge. Then I decided that I had better figure out how I want to handle the border between the red area and the bronze areas around the sides. I decided to use pieces of ribbon that have both red background and a linear bronze pattern, and paste those pieces around the perimeter of the back. I tried this idea out in one small area, and I liked it. I will also do something similar where the pink pattern meets the bronze border, but I am not sure exactly how I will do it. Meanwhile, I added ribbon to the pink areas, and that went fairly quickly because I have a lot of pink ribbon on hand. But it is still takes time because I am careful about the placement of each piece of ribbon. To be continued. . . .

No comments: