Thursday, November 15, 2007

Moving Picture (On the Zakim Bridge)

Moving Picture (On the Zakim Bridge) Originally uploaded by randubnick

Last night on the way home from Boston, I tried to photograph the Zakim Bridge. (If you have never seen Boston's Zakim Bridge, there's some nice footage of it in the movie "Gone Baby, Gone.") Well, last night, as the car started across the bridge, I discovered that I had to close another program on the cell phone before the camera would work. As a result, by the time car was almost across the bridge, I only had a second left to get a quick photo from the passenger side of the car. Then I remembered that I had left the camera on night mode (slow exposure). As an attempt to get a clear picture of the bridge, this was a failure. However, the photo did capture the strong diagonal patterns made by the lines of the bridge, and I liked the colors and shapes. I thought I could create a piece of accidental or found art from the photo, so I did some cropping, and here it is.

No comments: