Thursday, November 22, 2007

November Seen Through the Window (Posterized Photo)


November Seen Through the Window (Posterized Photo) Originally uploaded by randubnick

Today we had sunshine and temperatures in the 60s! Although I did take a short walk and spent a little time raking leaves, I spent most of the day in the kitchen, cooking for Thanksgiving. This was my choice, so I am not complaining. I love to cook for Thanksgiving, not just because I like the food (which I do), but because of all the great memories that seem to arise as I am cooking. (Still, it is a little harder to be in the mood for baking pies and sweet potatoes and turkeys when the weather is warm and sunny!) But everytime I checked the oven or washed dishes, I saw this view through my kitchen window. I liked the colors and patterns of the leaves and the way the scene looked framed by the window panes and softened by the window screen. So I took a few pictures with my phonecam. Tonight, I transferred the image to my computer and cropped the image to get this composition. Then I used Painter IX to posterize the image and cleaned up a few distracting marks with digital pastel.

No comments: