Thursday, November 01, 2007

Perfect Autumn Leaves (Digitally Modified Photo)

Perfect Autumn Leaves (Digitally Modified Photo) (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

This image began with a photo I took yesterday. During a walk near a wooded area, I saw these beautiful leaves with wonderful fall colors, couldn't be better. I liked the dappled light playing on the multicolored leaves, so I used my phonecam to take a picture. Tonight I transferred the photo into my computer, and then I could see that although the color of leaves was perfect, the leaves had been chewed up a bit. So I opened the image in Painter IX and used a little cut and paste as well as digital pastel to patch up some holes. Then I cropped the image, framing the leaves against the tree trunk. I considered posterizing the image, but decided to leave well enough alone. These leaves are already perfect!

No comments: