Sunday, December 02, 2007

First Dusting of Snow (Posterized Photo)

First Dusting of Snow (Posterized Photo) Originally uploaded by randubnick

Tonight we got the first dusting of snow, just a thin layer on sidewalks and trees. I don't know if it will keep snowing or not. But I went outside and tried to photograph the snow falling on the trees under the outdoor lights. In this photo, the snowflakes aren't really showing up as I had hoped, but I think the picture is interesting anyway. I used my phonecam with night mode turned on. If you move even a little bit with night mode on, you can get a double-exposure effect, as in this image. That is usually a problem, but I kind of like the effect in this photo. So I played with the contrast a bit to optimize what I had, and then opened the image in Painter IX and posterized it. Then I cropped the photo to focus on the tracery of the white branches against the night sky.

No comments: