Saturday, January 05, 2008

River Current (Oil Bar Painting Day 3)

River Current (Oil Bar Painting Day 3) Originally uploaded by randubnick

This is another painting of the current of the Merrimac River that I am working on. This is how it looked on the third day I worked on it, which was January 2. (I have been working on both paintings of the river current.) My intention that day was to block in stronger colors and define the shapes in this painting, using my photo as a reference. But when I got to this point, I was not happy with the way this was going. I felt that I was losing the definition of the shapes, and was also losing the luminosity of the image. I decided to stop work on this painting for that day. My plan was to return to the studio the next day with a copy of the photo I took of this painting on Day 2, and try to recover what I felt I had lost.

No comments: