Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Rushing Water (Oil Bar Painting Day 2)

Rushing Water (Oil Bar Painting Day 2) Originally uploaded by randubnick

This is my painting of the Merrimac River as it looked after the second day that I worked on it, which was January 6th. I added more detail, building on what I had done the previous day. I worked quickly, using my photo as a reference. I was aware of trying to finish as much as I could, because the painting would need a couple of days to dry before being transported to New Hampshire on January 8th for a show. In this case, I think awareness of the deadline was helpful, forcing me to paint as directly as possible to get the essence of the image, but I was never aware of the time in a negative way, once I got to the studio. I was completely relaxed as I painted this image.

No comments: