Friday, January 11, 2008

View of Mill Through Window (Oil Bar Painting Day 2)

View of Mill Through Window (Oil Bar Painting Day 2)

Here is my painting as it looked after the second painting session, which was January 4th. That day I went over all the main areas of the painting, straightening lines with a T-square, making the color more subdued, and adding definition and detail as I went along. For the most part, I was working with the oil bars and mixing the color right on the canvas. I usually begin by using a brush, but as I get more involved, I do a lot of blending with my hands, sometimes with paper towel and sometimes not, painting with the tips of my fingers. This means that I come home with paint on hands, clothes, and face. But as I recently said to my son, any day that I have paint on my face is a good day.

No comments: