Sunday, May 25, 2008

Penobscot Bay in Belfast Maine


Penobscot Bay in Belfast Maine (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

On Thursday, I drove up to Belfast, Maine. A close friend from high school back in Colorado now lives in Maine and we try to together when we can. She invited me to meet her in Belfast, Maine, to attend the opening of the art show where she had a painting on display. She is one of my very favorite people, so of course I said yes. I was also curious to see Belfast, Maine, because I have spent a little time in Belfast in Northern Ireland. By the time I arrived on Thursday afternoon, it was pouring buckets, raining too hard to take photographs, but I could see that the town is very inviting, especially for artists, and I hope to go back sometime to see more of it! Despite the rain, the art show was terrific and it was great to spend time with my friend. The weather was sunny on Friday morning and I had just enough time to get a few photos of the view of Penobscot Bay from the hotel before I had to head back home. The color in this shot is just as it came out of the camera. All I had to do was crop the photo to get the composition. Now I have a nice souvenir of a very short but sweet vacation in Maine.

No comments: