Saturday, May 10, 2008

Two of a Kind (Digitally Modified and Posterized Photo)


Two of a Kind (Digitally Modified and Posterized Photo) Originally uploaded by randubnick

A few weeks ago, on a walk around the Cummings Center Pond, I saw these two geese who were quite willing to sit still while I took several quick photos. I was so excited that they didn't fly away, and pleased to see how much detail I could see in the feathers. It was only later when I transferred the images into the computer that I realized that the two beautiful birds were standing on black plastic and a little bit of cedar mulch. Tonight I decided to see if I could salvage the image, so I opened it in Painter IX. I used digital pastel and several other little tricks to try to get rid of most of the plastic (accomplished more easily in art than in reality, unfortunately). Then I cropped and posterized the image.

No comments: