Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Blue and White Fleece (Felting)

Blue and White Fleece (Felting) Originally uploaded by randubnick

I am finally getting around to posting more of the projects from the fiber arts class I have been taking at Red Brick. In the second class I attended, the instructor was teaching the class how to make felt from fleece. The idea is to pile up fleece in different colors, and then wet it down with soapy water, and knead it like bread dough until it starts to stick together, and then rinse it. This is a photo that I took of my design before I put water on it. I decided to use blue and white fleece, and added some of the brighter curly pieces of fleece. At the time, I was thinking about how the fleece reminded me of clouds, which is why I was going with the delicate blue and white color scheme. I am glad I took this photo because once I got the fleece wet, things did not progress as I had planned. To be continued. . . .

1 comment:

Minka said...

It looks like a watercolor.