Saturday, July 05, 2008

Fabric Flowers and Vase (Day 2)

Fabric Flowers and Vase (Day 2) Originally uploaded by randubnick

This is a work in progress, a collage made out of pieces of cloth, applied to the background by using a sticky backing and ironing the pieces on. I started this piece in the fiber arts class at Red Brick (see post for June 27th). Since then, I have been thinking about what to do with the background. I haven't had a chance to buy more of the sticky backing or get more fabric, so for the moment, I am working with the leftover scraps from the class. Yesterday I finally had a chance to try out my ideas, so I got out my scissors and the iron and went to work. I created a surface to hold the vase, using the same purple pattern as in the flowers. I am almost out of that pattern, so will have to come up with a solution for the foreground. Right now I am considering using some darker material (deep blue or purple) to create shadows and the side of the table. To be continued. . . .

No comments: