Thursday, July 24, 2008

Lilies and Iron Fence (A)


Lilies and Iron Fence (A) Originally uploaded by randubnick

Last week we had a heat wave, and when it gets really hot, one of the few places to walk a dog in relative comfort is the pond at the Cummings Center. (Here in Beverly, dogs are not allowed on the beach between Memorial Day and Labor Day.) This photo was taken on an evening walk last weekend, around seven P.M. There are several gardens planted here and there around the pond. Right now, the daylilies are blooming, and I was admiring them in the evening light. I loved the contrast of the flowers with the wrought iron fence behind them, so I took some pictures. Tonight as I edited the photos, I found that I have three very similar photos. I like all three, and couldn't decide on a favorite, so I will post all of them over the next few days, one each day. Here is the first one.

No comments: