Monday, July 14, 2008

Raspberries Everywhere (Posterized Photo)

Raspberries Everywhere (Posterized Photo) Originally uploaded by randubnick

Tonight I used Painter IX to posterize this photo, which I took back in 2005 with my late great phonecam (that made soft focus images). I posted the original photo here back in 2005, but I thought this would be a good time to revisit the image. Raspberries are ripening now, and just as in 2005, they are growing all over everything. I am cutting them back some. (Well I have to, because the thorns on those things are murder!) But over time, I have learned to cut back less and pick more. Confronted with raspberries, you can focus on the brambles and thorns, or consider the beautiful little berries. If you want the raspberries, you have to put up with the thorns. So out I go to trim a little and pick as much as I can. I usually get only a few berries at a time, enough for cereal or waffles. It is a funny little harvest. The tiny berries are few and far between, but it is best to make the most of whatever is beautiful, whatever is sweet, however much of it you can find.

No comments: