Friday, August 01, 2008

Evening Sky on Quiet Beach in Beverly


Evening Sky on Quiet Beach in Beverly (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

This image began as a photo that I took earlier this week during an evening walk down to Dane Street Beach here in Beverly. The sky looked like it was a painting, so I took a picture , using the phonecam in my Blackberry Pearl. Tonight when I transferred the image into my computer, I realized there were several people sitting on the park bench on the right. I also noticed looked some patchy lawn and dirt in the foreground. So I opened the image in Painter IX and used some digital pastel to gently move the people on the bench out of the way. Then I cropped the image to eliminate the problem in the foreground. Now the image concentrates attention on the beautiful evening sky over the Dane Street Beach.

No comments: