Friday, September 12, 2008

Heart Shaped Box as of September 12


Heart Shaped Box as of September 12 (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

This morning I went to the studio to work on this project. A few years ago, my daughter gave me a present for Mother's Day, and it came in a heart-shaped box. I kept the box, and now I am covering it with decoupage and collage patterns cut from printed metallic ribbons. I have been concentrating on the gold area around the outside of the box, but today I decided to start working on the inside of the box at the same time. I am going to make the bottom of the box (the inside, that is) predominantly red, the most saturated colors that I can find in these ribbons. The ribbon patterns with intense red colors also have a lot of gold in them, so it makes sense to work on both gold and red areas at the same time as I cut into those bright ribbons. Besides, it will be more fun to do it this way, and having fun is important, because this work is time-consuming.

No comments: