Sunday, October 12, 2008

Autumn Leaves (Digital Woodcut)


Autumn Leaves (Digital Woodcut) Originally uploaded by randubnick

This is the third and last of three images of autumn leaves, all created from the same photograph, posted here several days ago. For this image, I used Painter IX to create a digital woodcut from the posterized photo. The posterized image emphasizes the fantastic colors, but I thought a woodcut would emphasize the textures and the patterns of the leaves. I heightened the saturation a bit to compensate for the effect of the black lines of the woodcut. So this is the last look at this little parking lot tree, but I guess I have gotten a lot of mileage from my little excursion around the block to see the fall colors! (And it didn't cost me a nickel in gas money!)

No comments: