Thursday, October 02, 2008

Heart Shaped Box as of October 2

Heart Shaped Box as of October 2 (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

This morning I went to the studio to work on this project. The heart-shaped box originally held a gift from my daughter, and now I am covering it with pieces of printed metallic ribbons. I am working on the outside of the bottom of the box, which is going to be gold, and today I began to outline the upper rim, and filled in more of the lower part. I am also working on the bottom of interior, which is going to be predominantly red. I am already worrying about running out of solid red ribbon, and may need to mix in some red pattern as well. I have no preconceived design. I am making this up as I go along, and still haven't decided what colors and patterns to use on the remaining areas, such as the inside of the box top. While I am working on this collage project, I am completely focussed on what I am doing. I usually have only an hour or so to spare, but even if I have more time, I have learned to stop when I feel like I am getting tired (or rushed or impatient). One way I can tell it is time to stop is that I realize that I am no longer making good decisions.

No comments: