Saturday, November 08, 2008

Hospital Point Lighthouse from Lynch Park


Hospital Point Lighthouse from Lynch Park (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

This is another of the photographs that I took here in Beverly, MA, on November 4, Election Day. There were pockets of fog early that morning because the weather was unusually warm. I took this photo later that day, during a late morning dog walk at Lynch Park, and by then, distant outlines were still softened by the fog, even though much of it had burned off. I was very excited but also apprehensive about the outcome of the election, and it was good to take a walk and relax. I took this picture when I was standing on the beach, looking north towards the small lighthouse at Hospital Point. The effects of the fog are still visible in the diffuse light in the distance, although the rocks in the foreground can be seen quite clearly. I liked the combination of the rocky coast, the lingering fog, and the lighthouse, visible in the distance.

No comments: