Monday, January 26, 2009

Little Watercolor Still Life




Little Watercolor Still Life   (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

I have had a bad cold all week. I have been coughing my head off while watching CNN, but not doing much beyond that.  But yesterday I knew I was getting better when I found myself going through a folder of watercolor paintings in my room, where I had stashed them until I had a chance to photograph them.  A few months ago, I came across some paintings and drawings that I did several years ago, and had apparently mislaid.  Once I found them again, I started photographing them to add to my computer files, and posting them here, while I was at it.  Well, I had gotten a good start on that project, but then things came up, life got hectic, and so it goes. But yesterday I had nothing more pressing to do than cough and hack.  So I photographed several of the watercolors (including the one I posted here yesterday), and suddenly I felt much better.  Here is one of the paintings, a very simple and stylized watercolor of a house plant.  From the look of the leaves, it may be a prayer plant. I don't remember anything more specific about this painting other than that among the first paintings I did with my travel watercolor set.  Tonight I did just a little cropping to focus more attention on the plant. 

No comments: