Thursday, February 26, 2009

Heart Shaped Box as of February 26


Heart Shaped Box as of February 26
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

This morning, I went to the studio to work on this project, a heart-shaped box that I am covering with decoupage and collage created from printed metallic ribbons.  During Open Studios, back in early December, I cut some ribbon pieces and put them in the box whenever I had a few quiet moments between visitors. (There was no chance to glue them down.) Well, cutting is faster than pasting, and so I am still working on pasting all of those pieces. Almost all the pieces were cut from a pattern printed in red and gold.  I have been concentrating on the gold pieces, for the outside.  But as I trim out the gold from the red, I have also been keeping the red pieces for the inside.  Today I made some progress on the gold areas, but also started pasting in the red pieces, and I was surprised at how much I had accomplished!  So I decided to take a photo from above, even though the inside of the box is far from ready for prime time.

No comments: