Saturday, March 21, 2009

Heart-Shaped Box as of March 21


Heart-Shaped Box as of March 21
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

This morning, I had a chance to go up to the studio again today.  So I decided to take the opportunity because I want to make up for lost time, and besides, I woke up thinking about this project, a heart-shaped box that I am covering with decoupage and collage designs.  I am using metallic ribbons printed with a variety of patterns.  Although I did some work on the outside of the box (gold area), I concentrated on the inside of the box (red area).  Most of the work was in establishing a border around the edge.  It is hard to do because the pieces are small and I am working on the inside of the box, so this often means I am working at awkward angles.  At some points, I was in danger of glueing my sleeve to the inside of the box! But I spent an hour at it, and was happy with my progress.

No comments: