Monday, June 29, 2009

Massachusetts Ice Cream Stand


Massachusetts Ice Cream Stand
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

I took my sketchbook along to Starbucks yesterday and started this little drawing.  I couldn't find my Sharpie, so I started the sketch with a plain black pen even though it doesn't show up as well, especially with this sketchbook which has light brown paper.  But once I got going, it didn't matter.  I decided to draw a Massachusetts ice cream stand, working from imagination and memory.  And I have plenty of memories because I have made lots of visits to the wonderful Mom and Pop ice cream stands that make Massachusetts famous for its ice cream. Well, yesterday's Starbucks break was over before I had finished the drawing, so tonight I decided to work on it some more.  This time, I had my Sharpie, so I used it to go over some lines.  I had already drawn in a couple of bicycles, so I thought I had better include the bike riders! 

No comments: